Annual Report 2018
Download a copy of the 2018 Premier's Reading Challenge Annual Report
The South Australian Premier's Reading Challenge has continued for 15 consecutive years and continues to attract strong participation and support, thereby contributing to increased reading engagement by students.
- 132,231 students from all 3 education sectors who completed the Challenge in 2018
- 49% of all South Australian students participate in the PRC
- 94% of South Australian schools had students complete the Challenge in 2018
- The National Assessment Program - Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) results for students completing the Challenge are consistently higher and show greater reading growth than for students not completing the Challenge.
- Over 1.58 million books were read by students completing the Challenge in 2018.
Further information and statistics