What is the Challenge?
The Premier's Reading Challenge is a literacy engagement program that was introduced by the Premier in 2004 to:
- Encourage students to read more books and enjoy reading
- Improve literacy levels.
The Challenge requires students to read 12 books between the beginning of the school year and early September.
Home Education and Individual Students
Key Dates 2014
From 28 January 2014
- 2014 Premier's Reading Challenge starts
5 September 2014
- Reading finishes for the 2014 challenge
7 July - 19 September 2014
- Student Reading Records collected
- Data entered in schools - from the end of term 2.
30 September 2014
- Home education students send Reading Records to the Project Manager
- By late November - awards arrive in schools
- By the end of November home education awards are posted to the home address
- Students awarded certificates and medals at individual school presentations from mid-November
- Generally the Premier completes the first visit to a school in his electorate and the Minister also completes a visit to one in her electorate in about the 2nd week in November.
- 55 selected schools with students achieving outstanding results attend the Premier's Reception, in mid-late November, which the Premier and Minister attend.
Celebrate your school's achievements in the Premier's Reading Challenge for 2014!